Maat Foundation publishes the second estimate of the number of participants until 5 pm with a sample of committees
Maat: The continued financial and in-kind electoral bribes Meals and mass transport are the most prominent violations
The third statement
[responsivevoice_button voice = ”Arabic Male” buttontext = “listen”]
November 23, 2015 at 6 pm
The Parliamentary Elections Observatory (Egypt-2015) affiliated to the Maat Foundation for Peace, Development and Human Rights continues to follow the course of the electoral process from the morning of the second day until the issuance of this statement, which covers the period of time extending from the reopening of the committees' door after the legal break until six in the evening today.
The Election Observatory received many statements of violations and violations by the candidates and did not receive any statements related to the occurrence of violation or negative interference by state agencies or insurance forces, except for several individual cases by some officers or soldiers assigned to secure the electoral headquarters. This period of time has not witnessed any violence so far.
The Maat Foundation for Peace, Development and Human Rights submitted a complaint to the Supreme Elections Committee after our observers monitored the delay in opening the 75th Committee of the Orman Hotel School in the Maadi district, Cairo governorate, following the delay of the judge’s return from the rest period with the committee’s staff, which led to the crowding of voters in front of the polling center. On the same level, it was observed that a judge in Damietta in the third district, Faraskour, in Faraskour Preparatory School for Girls 6, 7 and 8, stopped work inside, after a verbal altercation with an electoral candidate’s lawyer, due to the removal of the same candidate’s delegate.
In a different context, and in the Cairo governorate of Hadayek al-Qobba: Fatima Al-Zahraa School - a quarrel broke out between the candidates Khaled Shaaban and Hussein Abu Jad and their agents and supporters in front of the polling center headquarters, so the security forces intervened and broke up the fight after the arrival of the candidate Sayed Eid to the polling station headquarters, and a quarrel broke out between him and the guarding of the persons and the candidates' agents Others, then security intervened, broke up the fight, and the candidate returned without entering the polling station headquarters.
Regarding the violations, transgressions and irregularities committed by the candidates and their supporters, the field followers of Maat Foundation monitored a number of observations, the most prominent of which was the provision of electoral bribes and directing voters to the polling stations .. Among the most important facts that were monitored are the following: -
- Dakahlia governorate - Talkha and Nabarouh district - Old Kafr Damira - there are vehicles with loudspeakers directing voters in the district to elect "candidate Muhammad Najah al-Shura."
- Port Said Governorate / Al Zuhour District / King Faisal School / Supporters of “Candidate Mr. Al Awadi” provided microbus cars with pictures of the candidate, to transport voters to the polling stations to influence their will and choose the candidate.
- Qalubia Governorate / Shubr Al-Khaima First District / Omar Ibn Al-Aas School / Propaganda for the candidate / Safwat Lotfy on the walls of the polling stations and a directive for the candidate / Alaa Al-Atmouni and the Nour Party List
- Kafr El Sheikh Governorate \ Burullus District \ Al Burj Preparatory School \ Candidate Ahmed Mohamed Abdel Razzaq providing transportation means to connect voters to polling places
- In Cairo Governorate / Al-Zaytoun District: Ibn Rushd Experimental School - The insurance forces arrested the supporters and agents of the candidate Ashraf Bessada who distributed pens to the voters for use in voting, and the pens were kept and the candidate’s agents were left.
- Menoufia / Sadat / El Khatatba Primary School / An orientation to the voters in favor of the candidate Sherif Afifi and Ahmed Shalaby in front of the electoral headquarters
- Al-Gharbia Governorate / Tanta City District / Nasser Agricultural Secondary School: Supporters of candidate Muhammad Oribi are densely directing voters in the vicinity of the committee.
- Cairo Governorate / Al-Matareya District: Maysara Preparatory School for Girls - It was observed that the agents and supporters of the candidate, Major General Ali El Demerdash, wrote using paint on the walls of the polling center headquarters, the name of the candidate, his number and his electoral symbol in order to try to influence the voters.
It was also observed that some candidates distributed electoral bribes to some voters in a number of governorates in which polling took place, including: -
- Al-Sharqiya Governorate / Zagazig / School of Agriculture / A veiled woman distributes electoral bribes in front of the polling station in favor of the slain, Majid Diab, and security forces intervened and ordered her to stay away from the polling station.
- Port Said Governorate / Eastern District / Port Fouad Youth Center / The delegates of “Candidate Mahmoud Hussein,” the candidate of the Future of the Nation Party, distribute material sums of 300 pounds to the electoral vote.
- In the Dar al-Salam district in Cairo, 3 people were arrested by investigators while they were bribing voters, and they were taken to the Dar al-Salam police station.
- Al-Gharbia Governorate / Mahalla City District: Candidate Muhammad al-Shafi’i campaigners distributed bottles of mineral water to voters in more than one polling station with his picture, name, symbol and electoral number attached to it.
- Dakahlia Governorate - Belqas District - Zayan Primary School - Committee No. 149: Distributing meals to the head of the committee and its employees who are supporters of “candidate Yusra al-Maghazi
- In the Cairo governorate, it was observed that supporters of the candidate Tayseer Matar gathered voters in front of the candidate’s headquarters, then transferred them to the polling stations and distributed money to the voters.
The Maat Foundation conducted a quick survey of a number of polling stations in a number of governorates of the second phase to identify the voting rates until five o'clock in the evening of the second day, and the results were as follows: -
- Cairo / Bab Al-Sharia / Al-Nasser School - Committee No. 17 Number of votes 500 out of 1750
- Cairo Governorate - Bulaq District - Al Hurriya Experimental School Committee - Committee No. 37 - Total recorded votes are 2811. The number of people who cast their vote is approximately 650 until 5:00 pm.
- Cairo Governorate - Old Cairo District - Umm Al Moamenin Elementary School Committee - Committee No. 65 The total number of recorded votes is 2797. The number of people cast their vote is approximately 310 until 5:00 pm
- Menoufia / Tala - Al-Shuhada / New Sarsana Primary School / Committee 113 / Total 1,600 / Voters 350
- Menoufia / Shebin El-Kom Center / Kafr Shawan Primary School / Committee No. 103 / Total 1179 / Voters 500
- Menoufia / Quesna - Birkat al-Sabaa / Quesna Modern Primary School / Committee No. 7 / Total 2743 / Voters 550
- Gharbia Governorate / Kutour and Basion District / The Religious Institute of Basseon / Committee 103: 350 votes out of a total of 2144.
- Gharbia Governorate / Zefta District / Martyr Muhammad Muhammad Dhard School / Committee 80: 1300 votes out of a total of 3648.
- Gharbia Governorate / Tanta City District / Tanta Secondary Mechanical School / Committee 86: 410 votes out of a total of 2778.
- Sharqia Governorate / Abu Kabir / Health Unit, Maymoun House / Committee 116 Votes 2033 Attendance 980
- Sharkia Governorate / Mashtool Al-Souq / Kafra Barash Youth Center / Committee 25 1870 Attendance 860
- Sharqia Governorate / Fourth Tenth of Ramadan / Omar Ibn Al-Khattab School, adjacent to 48 Committee, 32 Votes 2777, Attendance 609
- Sharqia / tenth Faqous / al-Didmona Elementary School / Committee 110 the number of votes 710 out of a total of 2713 votes
- Qalyubia / Tookh / Mayai Preparatory School / Committee 133 Number of enrollments 1821 Number of voters 604
- Qalyubia / Shebin / New Al-Qassis School / Committee 83 / the number of enrollments 4,000, the number of voters: 2,132
- Kafr El Sheikh Governorate \ Sidi Salem District \ Al Zaini Primary School \ Committee 43 \ The number of voters is 527 out of a total of 1697
- Kafr El-Sheikh Governorate \ Matbous and Fuwa District \ Fuwa City Council \ Committee 90 \ The number of voters is 800 out of a total of 2029
- Kafr El Sheikh Governorate \ Kafr El Sheikh Center District \ Sidi Gamal School \ Number of committees 2 \ Committee 23 The number of voters 300 out of a total of 2669 \ Committee No. 24 \ The number of voters is 300 out of a total of 2668
- Kafr El Sheikh Governorate \ Hamoul and Bella District \ Al Halafi School \ Committee No. 30 \ The number of voters is 900 out of a total of 2470
- Dakahlia Governorate / Mansoura District / Khaled Al-Toukhi School / Committee No. 1: 300 out of a total of 2281 votes were cast
- Dakahlia Governorate / Mansoura District / Khaled Al-Toukhi School / Committee No. 2: 430 out of a total of 2283 votes were cast
- Dakahlia Governorate / Aja constituency / Burj Al-Nour School / Committee No. 24: 773 were voted out of a total of 2853
- Dakahlia Governorate / Aja District / Burj Al-Nour School / Committee No. 25: 720 out of a total of 2,800 were voted
- Dakahlia Governorate / Aja constituency / Burj Al-Nour School / Committee No. 26: 810 were voted out of a total of 2854
- Dakahlia Governorate / Al-Manzala and Rainfall Department / Al-Manzala Advanced Technical School Industrial / Committee No. 24: 250 of a total of 2,644 votes were cast.
- Dakahlia Governorate / Department of Manzala and Rainfall / Al-Manzala Advanced Technical School Industrial / Committee No. 25: 200 of a total of 2,644 votes were cast.
- Dakahlia Governorate - Talkha and Nabarouh district - Batrah Joint Secondary School - Committee No. 67: About 1000 voters out of a total of 2,162 voted.
- Dakahlia Governorate - Talkha and Nabarouh district - Batra Joint Secondary School - Committee No. 68: 920 voters out of a total of 2,162 voted.
- Dakahlia Governorate - Talkha and Nabarouh district - Batrah Joint Secondary School - Committee No. 69: 925 voters were voted out of a total of 1164.
- North Sinai / Bir al-Abed constituency / Miteb Hagras Primary School / 1260 votes out of 3600 votes were cast
- Port Said / Suburbs District / Chamber of Commerce School for Girls / 543 votes out of 5505 votes were cast
- Port Said / Suburbs District / Port Said Preparatory Vocational School / 658 votes out of 5140 votes were cast
- Port Said / East District / Ibn Sina School / 1050 votes out of 4,636 votes were cast
- Port Said / East District / Mrs. Khadija Primary School / 861 votes out of 5139 votes were cast
- Port Said / Al Zuhour Department / Al Zuhour Primary School: 1,600 out of 8190 votes were cast
- Port Said / Al Zuhour Department / Al Zuhour Preparatory School: 1630 votes out of 8191 were voted